Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Last 10 years of arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by o2be a gooner View Post
    why does he fail to see the glaringly obvious. even people like paul merson , to the intelligent ones like souness, have been saying for many years what is missing, but he doesnt want to change. its become boring, and stale. you can excuse is for 2-3 years, but seriously 10 years without a top striker ffs.
    this is why im convinced he isnt as bothered about winning any more,
    He's tried loads of 'em during that time, all of whom you could have made a good, confident case for. It just hasn't worked out as well as we'd like.

That's football
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

yes, hes tried to get loads on the cheap, and not surpirisingly, theyve turned out badly...

The Jorge
    Sorry, you said better quality players, not more players of a better quality.

The thing is, you wouldve been the first to lose your **** if we signed Kante or Mahrez and wouldve written them off as yet another Chamakh ans Squillachi, no hopers from the depths of the french league.

Fwiw, I agree there's a lack of balance but I think we owe it to Arsene to see this all through. He's not just won us two doubles, built the Invincibles he's almost single handedly made us a massive new stadium and a training ground and kept our head above water. We owe him this, and with all the kvetching, griping and banner waving we've just made ourselves look like the emotionally illiterate, intellectually stunted man-children every fan of other clubs mock us for.

yes, hes tried to get loads on the cheap, and not surpirisingly, theyve turned out badly...
    Understandable though; He's always done decent work that way, so of course He has a right to back Himself, His own judgement.

It's one of the key reasons we like Him so much, in fact.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

'might even get second' , wow great achievement (!) and no we wont, we have won 5 out of the last 15 games since jan
    You don't think coming second in the league is a great achievement? You're satisfied only with absolute success?

I take it you're a multi-millionaire business tycoon then?

no, but Arsenal charging the highest ticket prices in the world, the owner taking money out of the club whilst not really investing, lying to fans constantly how 'we will compete now', poor results/same old same old (actually you could argue we are getting further away from the top) - and one second place finish in 10 years if it happens (which is probalby wont) - isnt good enough

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You don't think coming second in the league is a great achievement? You're satisfied only with absolute success?

I take it you're a multi-millionaire business tycoon then?
    I *am* a multi-millionaire business tycoon actually. Yes, and judging further by the cost of my daughters' telephone bills, I also own my own oilfield and run a vertically integrated narcotics and weapons smuggling operation on the side

no, but Arsenal charging the highest ticket prices in the world, the owner taking money out of the club whilst not really investing, lying to fans constantly how 'we will compete now', poor results/same old same old (actually you could argue we are getting further away from the top) - and one second place finish in 10 years if it happens (which is probalby wont) - isnt good enough
    You'd have an interesting argument there if it wasn't all *******s.

Would you prefer two girls one cup?

i just dont get why is is so stubborn, he says he questions himself every day, really? if so why cant he seem to damn obvious that has been missing from out team. NO leaders- when asked who the leaders are after the chelsea defeat at home this season, he said 'everyone'. ffs.

another thing i think is that he doesnt get the best out of players anymore - the number of players' forms who have dipped this season has been shocking, whats happening to sanchez, ramsey etc