Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Those of my generation will remember queueing to get into the North Bank.

Those of my generation will remember queueing to get into the North Bank.

Or Wembley, or any other number of grounds. When the crush was so great that your feet wouldn't be touching the floor. You'd hear nervous laughter sometimes when it got really scary, and occasional requests to the coppers on horses to do something about it. Mainly, of course, what you heard were cries directed towards the back of, 'Stop ****ing pushing, we can't breathe up here!'

After Hillsbrough it always struck me as somewhat miraculous that nothing similar had happened before.

I suppose we should all be grateful to Lord Justice Taylor for identifying that if you allow people to behave like animals, they will do so, which will cause you to treat people like animals, causing them to behave like animals, and so on.

People, eh? What a **** up they are.

That's just London doe, innit. It's the same story at Carnival, Dingwalls, that chinky in Soho, the ENO and pretty much everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Or Wembley, or any other number of grounds. When the crush was so great that your feet wouldn't be touching the floor. You'd hear nervous laughter sometimes when it got really scary, and occasional requests to the coppers on horses to do something about it. Mainly, of course, what you heard were cries directed towards the back of, 'Stop ****ing pushing, we can't breathe up here!'

After Hillsbrough it always struck me as somewhat miraculous that nothing similar had happened before.

I suppose we should all be grateful to Lord Justice Taylor for identifying that if you allow people to behave like animals, they will do so, which will cause you to treat people like animals, causing them to behave like animals, and so on.

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    That's just London doe, innit. It's the same story at Carnival, Dingwalls, that chinky in Soho, the ENO and pretty much everywhere.
    The ENO approves

Caught some acid jazz in my time down Dingwalls.

Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    The ENO approves

That's why you're all so miserable, I suppose.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Tube platforms at rush hour can feel like a Hillsborough waiting to happen at times. One of the reasons why I prefer to walk.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Caught some acid jazz in my time down Dingwalls.

Nice.
    Yes, you said. I think we must've crossed paths once or twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

Yes. But it all starts because some pricks at the back decide that pushing is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. But it all starts because some pricks at the back decide that pushing is a good idea.
    Exactly so.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Tube platforms at rush hour can feel like a Hillsborough waiting to happen at times. One of the reasons why I prefer to walk.
    Very shrood, if I may say so. It's supposed to be London, not Lilongwe