Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I saw Prince during his 21 show residency at the O2 in 2007.

I saw Prince during his 21 show residency at the O2 in 2007.

When I booked it was simply about having a last chance to see a legend, with the strong suspicion that the old boy would be dialling it in.

He was absolutely gobsmacking; that was one surprise. The band was tight, his playing, singing and dancing breathtaking. But much more surprising, to me, was the warmth of his charisma. I expected a preening, cold weirdo, and got a tiny little man in spiked cuban heels who interacted with his audience, laughed and smiled with those at the front, chucked them picks on demand and genuinely tried to please the enormous crowd.

It would have been worth the ticket price just to see a misrable, bored old bloke play Purple Rain, but this wasn't a Van Morrison performance, it was more like Bruce Springsteen.

So he was good. That's just science.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    When I booked it was simply about having a last chance to see a legend, with the strong suspicion that the old boy would be dialling it in.

He was absolutely gobsmacking; that was one surprise. The band was tight, his playing, singing and dancing breathtaking. But much more surprising, to me, was the warmth of his charisma. I expected a preening, cold weirdo, and got a tiny little man in spiked cuban heels who interacted with his audience, laughed and smiled with those at the front, chucked them picks on demand and genuinely tried to please the enormous crowd.

It would have been worth the ticket price just to see a misrable, bored old bloke play Purple Rain, but this wasn't a Van Morrison performance, it was more like Bruce Springsteen.

I saw the Lovesexy tour in 88 or 89. He did his version of Nothing Compares to U and it was quite simply, amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

As a teen, I once painted my bedroom peach and black in his honour.

I've never admitted that in public before.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

You would do me a great honour if you would refer to me only as 'Symbol' in future. Thank you.

I can't find your new address, for some reason. Would you mind emailing me? I have this phone as well as the charger you left in the bedroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

Were you dressed up as C3PO when you did this?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Were you dressed up as C3PO when you did this?
    In The City released 40 years ago today.I may put some white tiles on my bathroom wall in their honour.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post
    Why is Monty's mum in The Waterboys, c?

In The City released 40 years ago today.I may put some white tiles on my bathroom wall in their honour.

Quite frankly the rest can shove their raspberry beret up their *******s.

In general, I'm an admirer of Mike. But on this occasion I cordially invite him to get to ****.

He really can be a daft *******.