Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I want to talk to my 14yo about where this pill came from?

I want to talk to my 14yo about where this pill came from?

This morning, when doing my usual domestic goddess routine (I've, trying to shove as much crap from around the house into cupboards etc) I found a tablet under a cushion on a chair we have on the landing. Didn't look like it'd been deliberately hidden, at best, just almost dropped there so when I moved the cushion, I saw it.

Long story short, it seems like a street drug. It's roughly pressed, into a triangle and it's half pink, half white, with a triangle pattern on the white side. No drug number/company etc. Have checked on line and with pharmacist friend who doesn't recognise it either.
    I have three kids, DS14, DS8 and DD5. The eldest is a good kid, doing well at school, sporty and engaged with school. Bit temperamental at home, sulky, messy, glued to phone... Nothing novel I would say.

Would like to talk to him about this pill, but AIBU? It certainly belongs to no one else in the house, but I have no evidence it belongs to him either (or without testing, that it really is MDMA or whatever). It doesn't seem to have been deliberately hidden, in fact, it's in a public place outside his sister's room - why do that if you're hiding something? So I do have doubts that it's his, but who else's, as he hasn't had friends around recently.

I don't want to be accusatory or confrontational but just ask calmly what, if anything, he can tell me. I want to give him every chance to come clean if necessary, but use it as a chance to talk about it, while also reminding him that his dad and I are in lines of work that regard drug use as a MASSIVE, pension losing deal.

I experimented with drugs at college and don't want to get preachy, but I feel it should be addressed. I thought I'd like to calmly talk about it, then throw in some contact numbers like Frank. Let him call if or when he wants to...whether or not he admits to it being his.

Am I being too weak? I feel that unless I have more evidence, I have to be careful not to alienate... Anyone have any experience of things such as this?

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    This morning, when doing my usual domestic goddess routine (I've, trying to shove as much crap from around the house into cupboards etc) I found a tablet under a cushion on a chair we have on the landing. Didn't look like it'd been deliberately hidden, at best, just almost dropped there so when I moved the cushion, I saw it.

Long story short, it seems like a street drug. It's roughly pressed, into a triangle and it's half pink, half white, with a triangle pattern on the white side. No drug number/company etc. Have checked on line and with pharmacist friend who doesn't recognise it either.
    I have three kids, DS14, DS8 and DD5. The eldest is a good kid, doing well at school, sporty and engaged with school. Bit temperamental at home, sulky, messy, glued to phone... Nothing novel I would say.

Would like to talk to him about this pill, but AIBU? It certainly belongs to no one else in the house, but I have no evidence it belongs to him either (or without testing, that it really is MDMA or whatever). It doesn't seem to have been deliberately hidden, in fact, it's in a public place outside his sister's room - why do that if you're hiding something? So I do have doubts that it's his, but who else's, as he hasn't had friends around recently.

I don't want to be accusatory or confrontational but just ask calmly what, if anything, he can tell me. I want to give him every chance to come clean if necessary, but use it as a chance to talk about it, while also reminding him that his dad and I are in lines of work that regard drug use as a MASSIVE, pension losing deal.

I experimented with drugs at college and don't want to get preachy, but I feel it should be addressed. I thought I'd like to calmly talk about it, then throw in some contact numbers like Frank. Let him call if or when he wants to...whether or not he admits to it being his.

Am I being too weak? I feel that unless I have more evidence, I have to be careful not to alienate... Anyone have any experience of things such as this?
    Neck it and see what happens. It's the only way to be sure.

This just HAS to be copied and pasted from Mumsnet.

Anyway, **** talking to him, just drop the ****er and see what it does. If it's good, ask for more.

that be unusual..i will investigate this

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    This just HAS to be copied and pasted from Mumsnet.

Anyway, **** talking to him, just drop the ****er and see what it does. If it's good, ask for more.
    That or it's a Guardian column. Talking of which, I've been posting on there today and they haven't banned my ass yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    That or it's a Guardian column. Talking of which, I've been posting on there today and they haven't banned my ass yet.
    PM me your username pls.

I assume this board still has PMs

What gave it away? The DS DD things?