Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I wonder if the blame for the patchy home form is going to be put squarely on

Question I wonder if the blame for the patchy home form is going to be put squarely on

the home supporters?

I know Monty will but I wonder whether anyone of any significance will?
    Last edited by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez; 04-19-2016 at 08:24 PM.

Blame? No.A contributor? Yes.

I concur, Curly sir.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post
    Blame? No.A contributor? Yes.
    Yes, it's unlikely to have helped, is it?

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Yes, it's unlikely to have helped, is it?
    I do find people work much harder if you berrate them though

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    Oh, certainly. It has been scientifically proven that athletes, when pushed close to their limits of effort, both physical and mental, receive a 10% boost in energy from massed despairing groans. One might imagine that encouragement might have a better physical and psychological effect, but you would be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    I find the opposite.Berrating someone leads to them fear of making a mistake.Encouragement,gentle encouragement,praise,*******ING,praise,encourageme nt imo

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post
    I find the opposite.Berrating someone leads to them fear of making a mistake.Encouragement,gentle encouragement,praise,*******ING,praise,encourageme nt imo
    Ah the old **** sandwich approach.

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Oh, certainly. It has been scientifically proven that athletes, when pushed close to their limits of effort, both physical and mental, receive a 10% boost in energy from massed despairing groans. One might imagine that encouragement might have a better physical and psychological effect, but you would be wrong.
    It's not as if you can use the bloody lash anymore is it? Rum and sodomy both seem rife though

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    the home supporters?

I know Monty will but I wonder whether anyone of any significance will?
    I don't know where you work, but on those occasions when - as we humans are wont to do - you make a misstep or minor error, do you think that having 50,000 people groaning, calling you a **** and holding up banners demanding that your boss be sacked would help your frame of mind? Or would you perhaps be a teensy bit demotivated, do you think?