Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's been a while...but I'm back in the hope that the new site will be a portent

It's been a while...but I'm back in the hope that the new site will be a portent

For real change at our Club.

I'm looking forward to some interesting debate with the dwindling number of AKBs on here. I can't say I miss Nic, he seemed unable to ever argue his case without resorting to personal abuse which was always a sign that he was losing the argument. I have more respect for other Wenger loyalists even though I have argued since 2009 that we needed a new manager and see no point wasting another year just because his contract isn't up until then.

So....greetings to all who remember me and I'll be hanging around for a while!

I'm not convinced about your desire for interesting debate without personal abuse, given that you have already dismissed those who hold a different view to you as 'AKBs'.

It's a term of endearment, brotherly rivalry and respect. Just like WOB, I suppose.

The Jorge
    Bit racist, mate

Hello YOM. Hope you're well. Nic is an amiable, easy-going chap in real life but it's true that his internet behaviour was somewhat abusive, which was odd seeing as he used to be on the wrong end of some nasty stuff himself back in the day. We still honour his passive-aggressive posting style with regular tributes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I'm not convinced about your desire for interesting debate without personal abuse, given that you have already dismissed those who hold a different view to you as 'AKBs'.
    I have had civil discussions with him, ISTR.

You have civil discussions with everyone, a; you're like our voice of reason. I'm just wary of the holder of a point of view being dismissed with a blunt acronym without even having the chance to state a position. (Unless he's a lefty, naturally.)

May I ask what Mr Winter said?

He said f off and look for it on the internets like George kindly did, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Williams - gay for Mark Knopfler View Post
    May I ask what Mr Winter said?
    Wenger out, basically.