Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We're on course to finish ten points behind Leicester. How utterly embarrassing.

We're on course to finish ten points behind Leicester. How utterly embarrassing.

'Other clubs spent more money and finished even further behind them'

Is the sort of thing we'll hear a lot of in the next few weeks.

Not even looking forward to next season knowing he's coming back.

That is not untrue. But a faiure is a failure and does not become a relative success by measuring it

against others failures.

I don't think 'big signings' would change a great deal either.

Wenger just doesn't seem to project a winning mentality/belief onto the players. Or, generate the kind of intensity within the group you see elsewhere. Whichever players we sign, I think there will always be a manager at another club getting more out of what he's got than Wenger does.

They are waaaay better, more disciplined and consistenrt than us. They have a manager who

actually knows what he's doing. I never wrote them off for one moment all season, while various experts did, shows what they know
    THIRTEEN points above our lifeless impotent smug lot - there's no putting a spin on that, they are simply that much better.

Some 'big signings' bring that mentality with them.

2-5 then 2-1.... are they better than us??? No. They've over-achieved and we've under-performed.

They are on course for a pretty decent points total and have been playing some really good football.

Yes, we could have done better but if they do get 80+ points we would have struggled to get near them in any recent season.

Wenger Out all the same though.

In that case we were way better than Man United in 06/07 cause we did the double over them,

nevermind that they won the League. You seem to forget that 2-5 was a bit flattering as a scoreline and that we could have been 0-3 down in the first 15 mins, as they hit the woodwork three times.