Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I have now officially joined both Brexit campaigns. Cameron beware.

I have now officially joined both Brexit campaigns. Cameron beware.

That's not really a surprise, is it?

I saw this gem earlier, I can only hope you've not joined this bunch.

They've missed the fact that it will take at least 10 years to untangle all our laws etc after

Brexit? And don't expect VAT to go away either

I dread to think what such disruption would do to the markets and my Europe wide investments :throatcut:

It will get Europe to sort itself out. The present form the EU has taken is unsustainable.

Are you Europeanophobic Mo?

Nope. I'm very European. I am EUphobic, in its current incarnation.

fwiw I agree, but we need to be in and changing it

We're in a great position as we are, but we should be influencing things rather than standing around on the edges petulantly grumbling.

It's almost flamboyantly unsubstantaited, isnt it?

Haven't we tried? The EU is like a juggernaut driven by its huge and unaccountable bureaucracy and

other interest groups. Denning compared EU law to the tide coming in thorugh every estuary and the EU as a whole is like that. They pledge to do this or that but nothing diverts the move to try and create a huge, unmanageable federal state with a centralised, intolerant, unelected directorate running the show.

No, we've essentially been focussed on getting a rebate for the last 30 years

Because that makes us look strong in the minds of op ed writers. We're the fifth largest economy in the world and our influence over our near neighbours should be far, far greater.

If we stay in we could really use this whole 'close call' business to our advantage by building a proper coalition in europe.