Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I can't be the only one who keeps having nightmare visions of Tottenham lifting the Premier League

I can't be the only one who keeps having nightmare visions of Tottenham lifting the Premier League

trophy in May. It's too horrible to contemplate, but I can't get my thoughts off it.

They make commemorative DVDs when they beat us in the League Cup, ffs! What will they do if they win the league ahead of us?

The only conceivable upside to this is that crushing their hopes of a first league win for more than half a century would be particularly sweet, but I'm not sure that even that is enough to compensate for the stress.

We'll be fine - don't worry b

I see them as likely a winner as us at the moment.

It’s all quite weird.

I'm distressed by the idea, naturally, but take comfort in the truth that, even if it did happen,

I would easily be able to isolate myself from football and just ignore the whole thing. It would be as if it had never happened.

I know. I'm having a moment of weakness about it, but it is nightmarish.

For the last 25 years or so, we've usually been able to take comfort that, whatever disappointments we suffer, at least Tottenham can be relied on to be ****ter than us or f**k up in their usual hapless fashion. The idea of having local rivals who actually rival us in any meaningful sense is a nasty and unwelcome one.

Oh, I would simply have to pretend not to be interested in football.

I open the cupboard at work and am confronted by various mugs bearing Spurs images - including one that celebrates beating us 5-1 in the League Cup - can you imagine how much worse it will be if I they've won the f**king league?

That sort of comment isn't helpful, sw. Frown

Hmm, perhaps there is a generational element to it as well.

Those of us who remember Spurs being the successful and glamourous north London club remember what it was like to watch them win things. It's bad, but... you know. Nobody dies, or anything.

I am sorry but we have to face it.

They’re a decent team, playing well and in a great position in the League.

So are we of course but I don’t think we are actually playing that well. That is a positive all the same.

And you think they’re not equally, if not more, worried about us doing the same?

I was out with Spurs fans all day on Saturday and they all claimed they would take fourth place at this point and insisted there was absolutely no chance of Spurs winning it. They all expect Arsenal to win it.

Granted, this was before they beat City yesterday.