Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It’s weird walking around the ground at Arsenal now, knowing that if a bomb went off or someone

It’s weird walking around the ground at Arsenal now, knowing that if a bomb went off or someone

started mowing people down with gunfire, it would literally be utterly, utterly expected.

I know you could say that about being in any urban centre, but when you’re in such a concentrated area for a high profile event like a football match, you can't help feeling you’re playing fast and loose with the laws of probability.

From a selfish point of view, it's better than dying slowly of cancer.

I'm constantly amazed at just how **** these Allans actually are.

The security services are constantly foiling their 'plots', which, of course, one would expect if intricate operations are being planned.

But just how hard can it be for a bearded loony to buy himself an AK-47 and a couple of clips of ammunition aned wander around the outside of the Emirates at 2:45?

They must lack imagination.

I used to feel the same back in the 70's when Paddy was at it. Why didn't the IRA just

blow up a football ground on Saturday afternoon? Turns out there were unwritten rules* that our security forces had agreed with them so we knew they wouldn't do it.

*I am connected

at least do it AFTER the match, eh Allan

start with those Arsenal Fan TV knobs . . .

What happens if you botch it up and only kill yourself, whilst spreading fear and terror? Do they

deduct a few virgins? It’s little surprise they find it hard to find the staff with such a lack of transparency over the terms and conditions.

Er hello have you not seen the safety checks, open jackets etc. It's f**king watertight.

I always think the same. I always worry that they'll do something at an airport before the security

checks, or just walk through Liverpool St station at rush hour

The thing is, I think I’d rather run the gauntlet than have to be rigorously patted down by

a steward.

They do the job voluntarily, yes? What’s going on there? :-

That's their problem, then. They're always looking for the big bang, as it were.

There must be hundreds of eager suicidals waiting to have a go. They should be told just to go postal individually, at random. If there were attacks happening in London 3 times a day, that would be real terror. Being afraid to go to Tesco, or wait in a bus queue, or buy petrol.

I shall have a word forthwith and put them right.