Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So assuming that Bayern beat Olympiakos and Zagreb, given the Greeks won last night, we could still

So assuming that Bayern beat Olympiakos and Zagreb, given the Greeks won last night, we could still

face elimination if we beat both of the minnows. As someone pointed out, we have never won at Olympiakos either.

This has pissed me off a bit. We need to hope for one of the following things to happen.

1. Olympiakos to drop points against Zagreb in 2 weeks.
    2. We thump Olympiakos away and beat Zagreb at home. Olympiakos lose to Bayern heavily.
    3. We pick up at least a point at Bayern and beat Olympiakos and Zagreb.

Last night's win could well mean we qualify for the Europa League

If we're saying we both finish on 9 points then we have to beat Olympiakos by two goals, i think.

Or 4-3.

We'll beat Bayern again anyway, and top the group.

hehe That's remarkable confidence you show there, Billy. I think Bayern will invite us on to them

more to draw us out when they're at home. Still, I suppose that a point will do (if we beat the other two).

What did you make of that Douglas Costa? Tricky fellow, isn't he? Very little end product, though. Reminded me of 2012 Theo.

Just continue to assume we're out.

Anything that goes our way from here on is a bonus.
    This will pre-empt all the whining about pissing it away in the earlier games.

We should be used to this scenario by now.

We have been in the champions league for 18 years straight and yet you

Still dont seem to understood how the groups work.

Billy is right, we just need to win by two goals in greece, assuming we mstch their result in bayern and beat the mighty zagreb at home. Other goal difference is irrelevant unless we win 3-2.

You seem to be forgetting about our record at Olympiakos. Given that their objective will be to

avoid losing my two goals, I put it to you that it might not be as easy as we'd like to think.

Win at Bayern and all is well, though.

We've never put a full team out there Shrug

Clap Brilliant, just brilliant, r

Surely the fundamental point is that last night's victory has almost certainly cost us any chance of

the league?

We simply don't have the depth of squad to compete in both tournaments, I'm afraid.

Yes LA but the 'Record' says otherwise.