Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I must say I am enjoying Corbyn’s efforts to persuade the media to not do what they have been doing

I must say I am enjoying Corbyn’s efforts to persuade the media to not do what they have been doing

since the advent or the printed press by doing everything in his power to antagonise them and give them impossible-to-resist negative front page headlines.

That will DEFINITELY end well.

Meanwhile, there's real news like the government votes to cut tax credits

I know it's me but did he actually do anything wrong by not singing the national anthem - a song about a deity he doesnt believe in preserving a concept he doesnt believe in?

Are you an enthusiastic singer of the national anthem, monts?

Him & Tom look up for the challenge...

Oh of course he didn’t do anything wrong. But that kind of stuff is manna from heaven for the press

- even the broadsheets. To give them such an easy stick to beat him with is staggeringly stupid.

The media will not change. He has to play the game.

The system we have and always will have, is that leaders rule under His/Her Majesty's Govt

He might be a republican and disagree with the system, but he'll be equally hypocritical in the unlikely event that he asks HM the Queen to allow him to govern the country after an election win

Just sing it and say that it was the respectful thing to do despite being a republican

He doesnt have much of an alternative though

He's a committed republican and atheist, the headlines would have been about how much of a hypocrite he is otherwise.

The bigger issue might be the fact that the whoe media is basically owned by tax avoiding non-doms, many of whom are natural supporters of the tory party.

No problem with that but why wear a tie and not do it up properly

It just seems as if he is acting like a grumpy teenager who has been told by his mum he has to wear it but by god he isn't going to do it properly. Childish imo

The hypocrite angle would have been easier to spin though, i think