Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: File under 'Well. duh!'

File under 'Well. duh!'

'Depression', ffs. File under 'peanut allergies and other made up *******s'.

File under 'confusing correlation and causation' imo

Also, the study size was about 3.5k, which is hardly reliable.

Also welsh, which has a higher suicide rate than WWII kamikaze squadrons.

Peanut allergies do actually kill people, to be fair. Lactose intolerance is proper bull****, though

hehe You remember when there was all that fuss about people from Bridgend topping themselves and

people were wondering if it was some kind of suicide cult?

Presumably, the people who wondered this had never actually been to Bridgend, since a couple of hours there is quite sufficient to explain the phenomenon.

Well I'd never heard of a peanut allergy until 20 years ago.

How come kids at school weren't keeling over dead all the time? I mean, peanut brittle was all the rage.

It's simply a matter of auto-suggestion. We're convincing people they'll die if they eat a peanut, so they do.

I agree. And actually, there's some truth in what you say, since it now appears that the minuscule

risk of anaphalaxis due to peanuts led the NHS to offer advice to parents not to give their young kids peanut products, which meant that - not being exposed to it - more kids actually developed the allergy.

I don't know how anyone in the states survives with a peanut allergy. Virtually everything they eat has peanut butter in it.

A peanut isn't a nut though is it???? I get very confused over all this

Yeah, it's a legume or somesuch ****. I'm not sure that's a great comfort as your airways close and

you die, though.

The greatest comfort will be Sir C standing over them, telling them to "get up you poof"