Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyway. On to more important matters. Which is better, pork pie or gala pie?

Anyway. On to more important matters. Which is better, pork pie or gala pie?

For me, while gala pie should be better due to the boiled egg, it usually disappoints. as the pastry/jelly/meat ration is thrown out of whack.

I'm a big fan of the Melton Mowbray

Though I think it's worth mentioning that the Melton is a subset of Pork Pie and not the default setting.

There's a pork pie war going on up here, it's carnage.

Nod Melton Mowbray is a bit fascistic. They not only control the pork pie, they also have

exclusive rights over Stilton cheese, with the result that cheese made in Stilton itself cannot call itself Stilton.

Anyway, you haven't answered the question.

Nod Another reason why the EU is so fantastic

The egg simply has no place in a pork pie, it should f**k off back to the Scotch Egg. I'd take your melton over any other pie.

The strangest thing about the north is that they give you the option of a warm pork pie. The jelly is all warm and molten

I remember. It's an abomination. One step short of deep-frying the f**king thing imo.

If you ever want to eat one again, I must recommend that you never find out what the calorific content of a pork pie is.

Go on, you've piqued my interest now

Had a deep fried egg for the first time this week, very nice

About 1600 in a large pork pie. Which is also one and a half times your daily fat allowance.

Oh jesus, this looks like the stuff of dreams

How is this made?! I must know

I'm curious to know how they managed to breadcrumb it, tbh.

I must assume they cooked it a bit first and then rolled it in breadcrumbs.