Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can't deny that once Brendan Rogers finds a formula, he sticks to it

Can't deny that once Brendan Rogers finds a formula, he sticks to it

Milner and now Ings, how very 2014 transfer window

If Sturridge wasn't so injury prone i'd imagine he'd be following Sterling out the door

pretty sharpish. A realistic target for them next season is trying to get back in the europa league. Wonderful.

I still maintain that, if Liverpool were actually the big club they claim to be, Rodgers would have

gone after the shambles of this season.

Seems like he managed to shift all the blame onto his coaches who were sacked instead of him hehe

Barcelona have MSN

If they can keep hold of Sterling Liverpool's front four next season will be MISS.

While last season was a shambles there is no logic in short term knee jerking.

Or Real Madrid style managing as I like to refer to it.

Rogers has been there 3 seasons I think, one of which he managed to bring the club closer to the title than they have been in 20 years and to be perfectly honest they really should have won it. He probably deserves another go though he spent an awful lot of money last season and most of it now appears to have been spent in folly.

Strange comment for an Arsenal fan to make

We more than anyone should appreciate the importance of stability and giving managers time.

Liverpool would be utterly mental not to give him at least another 3 years.

He inherited Suarez, so can claim little credit for that. But yes, they did alright that season.

However, they also choked badly, which could also be laid at the manager's door.

And I would argue that to have a season this awful immediately after such a good one represents a massive, massive failure in management. It's not simply been a case of not being as good as the previous year, it's been catastrophically bad, relatively speaking.

Would Veng still be our manager if He'd occasionally failed to make the Champions League then?

I'm not even sure of the answer to that

Nonsense. Wenger won the double in his first full season and won trophies consistently after that

Yes, we didn't do as well after that, but everyone knew the stadium and our constrained finances were a major factor in that.

That situation bears no comparison whatsoever with Liverpool, where Rodgers has spunked a load of money in order to create a team that is now considerably worse than the one he inherited.