Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Pubs/ late bars/clubs Leicester Sq - Trafalgar Sq London

Good Pubs/ late bars/clubs Leicester Sq - Trafalgar Sq London

Ok hitting London this weekend for some football and beer

Decided to head uptown to the bright lights of capital city. Have not done this in a while and wondering what are the decent pubs, late bars around Leicester Sq and Trafalgar Sq areas. There will be 4/5 of us and most of them like their music cheesy and danceable(not me)

Any decent clubs around these areas as easier to get back home from here with late buses etc.All recommendations welcome.

Cheers

Bring lots of money.

I like the Maple leaf near covent garden. But I haven't been there in ages so don't know if it's any good.

if you want dinner go to Sartori it's ace.

Not my sort of thing really, I'm afraid. Bars with music, and so on.

Well, sometimes the places I drink have a pianist and a lounge singer. It always makes one feel like one is in a 60s movie, doesn't it?

Porterhouse in Covent Garden is a very good pub - massive place with huge selection of beer

only open til midnight though like most bars as Westminster is strict on licensing

f**k knows about clubs - the Borderline was always good and tacky in my day but I#m

http://theborderlinelondon.com/listings/club-nights/6798/the -christmas-club-every-saturday-11pm-4am/

Buses is entirely dependent on where you are staying

I would avoid the whole Leicester Sq - Trafalgar Sq areas if I were you mate.

It's a f**king kip.

Much more fun to be found in other areas, perhaps more logically based depending on where you are staying.

I note from your 'profile' that you perhaps drink in the Mercantile. If so then walk into any bar on any high street.

Re: I would avoid the whole Leicester Sq - Trafalgar Sq areas if I were you mate.

I am staying in South London while the rest staying in Finsbury. Others are doing Camden Friday night and they want to do something different on the Sat. Have done most of the pubs in Islington and around so just want to try somewhere different

Yep we all drink in the Mercantile but the girls want to Bop and head uptown. I'd be happy back in Camden

Get twunted in The Gunners and then stagger home with a kebab

Traditional

It's hard to find a good old Kebab these days.

The shops are either completely **** or gone all flash.

I got one a few weeks ago I thought this is a bit strange.
    Bloody rice with it. RICE. and fancy bread

it was nice but no thanks.

You want a King Kebab from Bobby'z in Idle

It's like a medley of every kebab ever, it's so big that conventional pitta bread will not suffice and it has to be wrapped in a giant Naan.

Very hard.

After last years Cup Final we got out of the cab at Old Street roundabout as there is/was a very good kebab shop about 100 yards away and en route to our hotel (Central Street).

Could we find it? Could we f**k.

Think we had to get another cab in fact.