Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Ozil today was Bergkamp-esque. Utterly impeccable in his first touch

Ozil today was Bergkamp-esque. Utterly impeccable in his first touch

and crisp intelligence of his passing. An absolute joy to watch.

It's a shame he's not more efficient/confident in shooting areas, as a few more goals would give him a bit more grace with the cretins who don't understand or appreciate him.

But hang on.. That's what the cretins mostly complain about..

No bottle infront of goal

It is true that he is not the perfect footballer

Why not condemn Sanchez for being so much more loose with his passing than Ozil?

Ah yes, because he runs arahhhhnd a lot and his attributes are easy to understand.

Incidently, I don't have the figures, but I would put large money on Ozil having a very decent goals to chances ratio.

I have no idea how he takes those passes and the ball is like it is glued to his foot

HIs passes are incredible. Little flicks with the side of hit toe, the middle of his foot, his heel. I have no idea how one can do that.

If anything he is guilty of a pass that is too perfectedly weighted, slowing down just a tad too much.

He should have taken a shot when he was through on goal

late in the 2nd half, at 1-0. Just before that there was a rather exquisite pass of his towards Sanchez I think. If it had come off, it would have been "sweet", but that blood-and-guys warrior Collins blocked it.