Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: American sports fans, can you tell me whether Detroit got that twenty quid they were after

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

American sports fans, can you tell me whether Detroit got that twenty quid they were after

I've been worrying about it all night

Go Cowboys Smile

More a fan of Cowgirl myself, nttawwtsotis

Ditto, great win in the end

I think Detroit needs a bit more than twenty quid, tbh. As Moe Szyzlak put it:

"Them people is livin' in Mad Max times"

Eastgermanautos was quite clear about this though

They wanted to go in for "halftime" (not "half time", that wouldn't grate on anybody literate's sensibilities) with a score of 17-0.

As any commentator will tell you, j, 17-0 is a risky lead to have at halftime.

I once watched a whole American football game. I thought I liked the sport from watching it in highlights, but didn't realise that in real life, those highlights were interspersed with long periods of literally nothing at all happening.

Honestly, if you think test cricket has periods of inaction, American football has it beaten hands down. If your sport requires non-sports-based entertainment to keep the punters interested (cheerleaders, etc), there's something badly wrong with it imo.

Drinking and reading the Telegraph aside, of course.

The only american sport I can really get behind is Ice Hockey, really. And even then it's ******* hard to see the flat bally thing.

I sometimes wonder if I could learn to like baseball if I were exposed to it sufficiently.

My problem with ice hockey is that too many goals get scored. It shouldn't be that easy.

Basketball is just utter cack, of course. I have literally no idea how people watch that.