Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The media bias against Arsenal is incredible, even when it's not open. Last night we were "lucky"

The media bias against Arsenal is incredible, even when it's not open. Last night we were "lucky"

and Southampton were "unlucky". Stats for the game:

Shots 19 - 6
    On target 8 - 1
    Possession 59 - 41
    Corners 9 - 4
    Fouls 7 - 14 (we kicked them off the park?)

What's lucky about that? Those cold stats say the team which deserved to win... won.

Saints weren't "unlucky" to go down to 10 men. Their manager made a mistake. If Wenger had made that mistake an assortment of daggers would have been plunged into him by now.

Your mum went down to ten men

Who cares really.

Made a mistake by substituting injured players?

Odd thing to say

Same mistake as Arsene made against Man Utd.

It's news to Arsene :brokenmesut:

A team that loses a game in the last minute of the 90 can be deemed to be unlucky.

That is not too difficult a concept to grasp.

Either way it is utterly f**king irrelevant as we won.

A team that wins a game it has dominated in the final minute isn't lucky though. Gets what it

deserves. The bias bothers me win or lose.

I am led to believe we did not dominate the game.

Quite level I thought until late in the game when a combination of factors such as astute substitutions and perhaps them going a man down resulted in us proving victorious.

I would agree that does not equate to us being lucky, however I suppose the basic premise is that if one side was unlucky then the other side was lucky.

I will be entirely honest with you in that I have not seen us referred to as lucky in the media but then I have not read a single piece on the game. Had I read it I would have dismissed it as I do not tend to get upset by such things.

Either way, as I said earlier, it is utterly irrelevant.