Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Berni, you have - I can only assume wilfully - entirely missed my point

Berni, you have - I can only assume wilfully - entirely missed my point

Walking alone through a notoriously dangerous neighbourhood after dark wearing an expensive watch in no way inviolates one's right to expect not to get mugged, either.

But would you truthfully not have anything to say about the stupidity or lack of responsibility of someone who did so?

Erm...no. I wouldn't. And neither, I believe, would most people. It seems to be a standard that is

almost entirely applied by men to women in rape cases. All responsibility lies with the perpetrator. To apply any to the victim is to mitigate the perpetrator's culpability.

I'm not talking from a legal point of view. And I simply don’t believe that you have never

criticised someone for putting themselves in danger of becoming a victim of crime.

is it the same for a gay rape in The Fridge or a woman on man rape ?

Neither am I. I'm against blaming victims - particularly victims of rape. What you believe is

neither here nor there.

Seems to me that the question you should be asking yourself is why you're so keen to find reasons to blame this woman rather than her rapist. Because that is the real problem here: men not wanting to take a cold, hard look at themselves and instead seeking to find fault with women instead.

do you criticise everyone for getting drunk then?

As they must be putting themselves in risk of having a crime committed against them???

I unequivocally blame the rapist and also support revisions to the judicial system that would place

a greater onus on men to prove consent. I absolutely believe there is a cultural problem with men and their attitudes towards women when it comes to recreational sex.

But I do not see why I cannot hold these views while also being able to call women like the one in the Evans case stupid f**king bitches

i dont critisice myself or others for doing so but freely admit i am making myself more

vulnerable and more likely to be ripped off, run over or anally raped depednng on how bad a state i was in..the friday before last i would have to accept a lot of responsibility for my own ations and lack or motor skills if i had been bummed..instead the f**ker fleeced me 100 notes for taxi from ealing to marlow and i fell over and banged my head..and totally my stupid fault. just wish opthers would admit that you have to admit some consequuence for your actions and decisions

To the point of not knowing what the f**k they are doing? Yes, of course.

oh dont be daft you are sounding like a hysterical poof..i assume you have a daughter?

hence this ridiculos over the top camp attack on a perfectly legitamate question