Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So apparently, Nigel Farage wants to privatise the NHS, cut workers' rights and axe BBC comedy.

So apparently, Nigel Farage wants to privatise the NHS, cut workers' rights and axe BBC comedy.

Which for me raises the sole question: why is he restricting himself to their comedy?

Sir C likes this post Thumb Up

Don't forget abolishing inheritance tax. Not to mention abolishing the DCMS and Department of Energy and Climate Change,

Well I for one am shocked. No pledge to bind women's feet and immigrant shooting bank holiday?

I really can't decide whether he is an utter buffoon, or whether he's playing a very clever game.

Well inheritance tax is pretty much unforgivable theft, j.

It was brought in with the express political intention of breaking the power of the House of Lords. With that achieved, there is no real excuse for it to be levied on virtually every property owner in the country.

I tend towards utter buffoon who has just found himself pushing at an open door.

The political establishment has been studiously ignoring this country's grass roots antipathy to Europe with such arrogance and for so long that something like UKIP was bound to happen. All it took was someone who didn't look too mad to front it and it was always going to get some traction.

hehe so every property owner in the country has an estate of over 325k?

I should have thought most do, yes. Given pensions, insurance, death-in-service benefits, etc.

He wants the management layer of the NHS privatised to be accurate

Which makes complete sense. He wants an increase in frontline doctors and nurses and the waste removed. The NHS is a shambles. Is that what you want?

I would be very shocked if they do... average house prices 190-225k