Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If Campbell and Poldi don't start tomorrow... sell them now. We need to win what will be a dificult

If Campbell and Poldi don't start tomorrow... sell them now. We need to win what will be a dificult

game if Southampton turn up with their first XI, and we need to do it without too many first choice players

Ospina

Bellerin Chambers Hayden Monreal

Ox Diaby Flamini Rosicky Podolski

Campbell

might do the trick. Shaky looking at the back, and Monreal may not be available. In which case Gibbs might have to play or Flamini play as a full back. With a strong bench to bail them out in case things aren't going well, we could clinch this.

The September transfer window?

All valid points otherwise.

Well apart from the reference to clinching it. To me it suggests a sense of importance.

Do we really care? If we go out then we have more rest days in the future.

Which might be especially useful with our pitiful excuse of a defence.

I think the cup win last year means we can go back to laughing at the league cup.

We don't need to win this.

Why do we need to win it, Mo? We just won the FA Cup, so there's no desperation for a trinket.

This competition should revert to a run-out for kids and squad players.

Also: Chambers? Monreal? We can't risk any first team defenders.

I agree. Although we can probably do well in it whilst still resting the first XI. The

proposed team selections are all quite strong.

Our best chance of winning a trophy.Winning trophies keeps the momentum. 3rd and this cup is better

than 4th and nothing, or FA Cup and 5th.

Poor Sanogo

You won't beat a good Southampton side with a youth team defence. That line-up is

already quite young and inexperienced. If you play a youth team defence you may as well play the whole youth team. There's no point in tiring first team squad players if you're not going to have a decent chance of winning the game.