Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A simpletons question. But I don't know the answer.

A simpletons question. But I don't know the answer.

When you move to a new place do you just call the electric company on the day say you've moved in and you want to change to a decent tariff rather than the default fleecing one.

I have no need to inform my current electric provider that I am moving as we have a meter (Yes I know I am a tramp)

Or can it be set up in advance?

Thames water is sorted and the Tv licence *******s.

Re: A simpletons question. But I don't know the answer.

If the place is currently empty you can give the current supplier a final (to the previous owner/tenant) reading so that they can bill them.

You pay whatever is used from that reading onwards

Provided it wasn't a fixed term tariff you may have the option of signing up to a new variable or fixed tariff

if you want to switch providers you'll need the meter number(s) and the reading. If you have an old bill from the previous owner/tenant you should be able to negotiate a monthly payment based on likely energy use.

Or that could all be *******s

The current tenant moves out a week before hand.

I found out they are with e-on I spoke to e-on they said I don't need to do anything yet.

Dunno but UPDATE YOUR LOG BOOK!!!!!!!!!1111111111!!!!!!

I've always asssumed the savings to be made from changing your utilities suppliers or tarrifs are so negligible that it's almost not worth the hassle.

They are trying to trick me. 'Do I use 3 quarters of my electric at night?'

what are they suggesting.

They don't tell you the times.

That you are an obsessive nocturnal user of plug-in anal vibrators, almost certainly.

Then do what I said at that point ....

That gives you a week to get summat in place before you move in. Especially if you're switching to a new provider.

Although as Minty says, it's almost more trouble than it's worth :cartel:

Tricking *******s. By night do they mean evening. Or 12am to 6am sort of thing.

I don't know why it has to be complicated I just want to turn a light on.

I can't believe Virgin started calling me about the new place and I hadn't even finalised all the papers.

Thank you very much Mr Duck.

Night is clearing not the evening. It's because the demand for electricity drops so dramatically at

night. It is often provided at a discounted rate.