Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Does anyone understand tennis seedings? In the SFs, it's 1vs3 and 2vs4, so the 2nd seed has an

Does anyone understand tennis seedings? In the SFs, it's 1vs3 and 2vs4, so the 2nd seed has an

easier semi than the 1st seed.

Why is this?

The 2nd seed also has the 8th seed in the QF (while the top seed has the 6th.)

So 2nd seed has easier SF and QF.

(Also, Murray, the 3rd seed, has the easiest 4th round match. vs 16th seed.)

I would have thought semis should be 1v4, 2v3

And QFs 1v8, 2v7, 3v6, 4v5.

So why does the 2nd seed have an easier route? (In the 4th round, I admit, it's 1v14, 2v13, but the QF and SF are easier on paper.)

Or am I being really stupid.

C'mon mate, nobody gives a f**k about tennis. Especially when there's football on

Except benders, of course.

A parade I can get behind but you have to draw the line somewhere.

In the semis they're both playing someone 2 seedings below, same **** innit?

I know. I didn't even realise it had started but just read an article in the Graun about how rain

delays were f**king one half of the draw so googled the seeds and then saw it was as I said.

Was just wondering why that was, if you see what I mean.

I'm not actually watching any, but just wondered why they have seedings and then make it easier for no.2 than no.1

Yeah, but no.1 plays a better ranked guy than no.2. Also in the QFs. I thought seeding was meant

to do the opposite.

the no.2 is ****ter than the no.1, hence meets a ****terer opponent, the no.4. simples innit.

I could be wrong but I think its numbers in the hat for the top 4 seed i.e.

who plays who!

Cheers for that. (Assuming you're not winding me up to expose my ignorance.)