Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A rather nice example of the Guardian eating itself

A rather nice example of the Guardian eating itself

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jun/23/world-c up-women-sexism

"Men's football is loved in Britain simply because the players are men, and men like watching other men play football"

"You could argue that the Fifa World Cup is also ageist and disables"

Thank god the new editor at the Telegraph is taking *his* paper in a more sensible, measured direct....oh

Unfortunately I can't read the DT any more because they actually want to be paid for their work.

So until I feel inclined to subscribe, I will have to rely on the Guardian and the Mail for my, erm, news balance.

I'm a little confused as to her point. The WC is played exclusively by men and some men who play

football commit crimes against women. Therefore something or other?

Is that about it?

You can just clear your cache and you're good to imbibe all the hateful tory bile you want

In fairness, it's well written hateful tory bile

Well no, football is inherently sexist, ageist and disablist

I think because disables, fanny and the old aren't very good at it.

i quiote like telegraph to be honest..i do telegraph and independent or i..cant bother reading Guard

ian.. just makes me very wound up..with the there climate worrying ashtik, feminist / gay love up and its pro arAb spring ****e they fell for and the support of the facist anti russian Maiden lot in ukraine they can f**k right off imo

Life is inherently sexist, ageist and disablist, no? Shrug

The Guardian fall for every whining, self-pitying bunch of human rights fascists going.

Fecking cnuts to a man, woman and transgender imo

It's no mistake "Natural"Selection was invented by a straight, old, white, able bodied christian man

Unbroken circle of sexism?

the reality is that more women are attending football matches than ever before.