Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: England weren't *that* bad. In fact I thought they were better than usual.

England weren't *that* bad. In fact I thought they were better than usual.

The confusing performance was that of Gerrard. Is he not match fit? He seemed terribly immobile and lacking in drive.

He's like you and I sc

Old

They were a bit ****- because they are a bit ****

Their 'World Class' striker is also actually 'World Class'

Gerrard was terrible all game

As you can imagine, I'm slightly pissed off at all the flak coming PJ's way. Possibly partly at fault for the 1st but I'm not having it at all for the 2nd

All the more embarrassing when you think of the money sloshing around in the English game.

It's all well and good people blaming the clubs but if coaching at grass roots level was put on a more professional footing, the clubs would have a wider talent pool from which to scout.

think it's the change in position

coupled with the age thing, more defensive responsibilty , they want him to dictate play* from deeper with his passing.

*ping the ball 40 yards into touch

I don't know why he stepped forward like that and left Suarez through on goal.

I'm a bit upset with him, tbh. He didn't have a good game.

Watch Cavani's dummy to cross and then you'll see why he thought about stepping up

There were 5 England players around him and he still managed a pin point cross

He shouldn't have even been on the pitch

As much as we all hate the c**t, Terry has played alongside Cahill all season and although that's not a pre requisite, the options at CB are fairly limited but they would have made a far better central pairing.
    Baines was also largely ineffective. Even Gibbs would have posed more of an attacking threat, but Cole really should have had that slot.

Explain the grass roots thinking bit please... seeing as I am involved in that