Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: :eurotrash:

:eurotrash:

:pipiandpopo:

And :williams:

I can't imagine the curmudgeonly junk mail supremo would fit in presenting that show

Serbo-Japanese war criminal?

Chief, what are your thoughts on Parks and Recreation?

It's one of those shows that you watch and think

"This is kind of funny. I should watch this." Then several episodes pile up on the DVR until you need space and they're deleted.

A couple of interesting "wacky sidekicks", but I just don't find Amy Poehler funny.

It's a lesser The Office. They have to try too hard for laughs.

How about you?

I really rather like it, it's become a firm favourite by stealth I think

I mean, it's no Louie but it's something I genuinely enjoy.

I don't quite understand that Ron Swanson character

It seems he hates bureaucracy for it's wastefulness, yet he is the one who is effectively the cause of that qua his obstinacy to governmental work.

If everyone were like the Poehler character, the model government worker (i.e. hard-working, conscientious and effective [relative to the self-interested people she works with and their motives,) would he be in support of government?

Ron Swanson is the best thing in it, he reminds me a lot of Chief actually

Which is why I asked. Seeing as he doesn't like the show I thought I wouldn't bother though.

I think you might have confused libertarians fundamental dislike for government with actual logic though. It's a standard diametrical opposition character comedy device though, with a little bit of saccharine 'underneath it all they're family' stuff thrown in.