Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Congratulations to Monty and Pokster for the longest rally since the Paris Dakar

Congratulations to Monty and Pokster for the longest rally since the Paris Dakar

And double congratulations to any of you f**kers who read the whole thing.

Can you precis it for me?

Abridged version

Entree

Pokster "You're a fanny"
    Monty "Probably"
    rpt ad nauseum

Fin

I might read it later, with the luxury of ******* so I can actually see the text.

In a word, we should just take the club's word with regard to our transfer dealings.

Except when we shouldn't

Why spoil it Shrug

Am I going crazy or would paying Hazard (a 21-year old from a footballing backwater)

£150k+ p/w not massively compromise our ability to keep our wage bill FFP-compliant, given the inevitable snowball effect on the rest of the squad's demands for parity?

We've done it with Özil now and since then i imagine Ramsey/Mertesacker/Cazorla have all had their

wages increased to around the £100k mark when they signed their new deals.

I think his age and where he played is irrlevant in terms of what others in the squad expect to get paid. Simply seeing someone else on much more than them will make them want an increase.

Yes, but it's the "nearly signed" Spiel that causes the bitterness, I think.

Not for me though, of course.

Sure. But I think there's a difference between a marquee player like Ozil coming in

and becoming our highest earner (by some distance) and a 21 year old from France. I've even seen reports that Hazard is on £180k.

Surely, even if we are in a much better financial position, we still aren't flush enough for that?

We have or haven't had any money, we should/shouldn't have spent it

I think that just about sums it up