Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pep moaned about anti football english teams last night

Pep moaned about anti football english teams last night

while he right that english teams often ( bar us) resort to parking the bus against best teams in europe to win it

2005 and 2012 show it..

but he has to improve as manager in terms of having plam b and stop playing players out of postion. for me he too obbesed with tika take and not with doing enough with the ball.

that why he lost to jose inter in 2010 and chelsea in 2012 because he had no plan b

also got rattled by guardian jamie jackson last night in post match press conference
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/04/02/manhcester-united -bayern-pep-guardiola-journalist_n_5074818.html?1396430903&a mp;ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

I don't wish to upset you young man but the reason BM didn't win last night

was because they didn't play terribly well.It can happen to really really good teams and have nothing to do with tactics and a-such.

very true but just saying pep argued it himself that

its hard to break english teams down

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26850247

but for me they not been conivicing in europe bar city away game in september. pep style to easy to read by the big teams

I love this idea that the short passing game isnt as productive as our superior Anglo-Saxon model

Also that it's "boring" to watch or predictable

Did you not see Andy Carroll on Monday night, j?

BOSH - have some of that. You know nothing Pope j

I much perfer short passing game but you need

end product to it and without messi would barcelona of had that under pep

spain are very dull as despite keeping the ball, they often win 1-0 as they create very few chances. quite boring to watch team keep the ball in day without doing something with it

of course it even more boring to then watch teams go anti football but parking ten defenders in their own box

pep to me has made bayern to tika taka. no harm with keeping the ball but they did that well enough last year but difference was jupp looked to get the ball forward as quickly as possible.

its why i perfer style klopp dortmund play and real madrid play. trying to get ball forward as quickly as possible

If his style was predictable you'd think there would be some form of statistics to back it up

As far as I can see his record is fantastic, I mean he regularly wiped the floor with Mourinho - who everyone seems to think is a tactical genius - when he played Madrid, and as far as "big" teams go you dont get much bigger.

Pope knows his stuff but your right that in one sense

that nothing wrong with directness at times and bayern goal last night did not come from pep boring tika take but from direct cross out wide into their striker who headed to for bastian to score

pep just can,t find that balance in europe. frustrating as it stop him from being the very very very best.

Yeah, there's one lad capable of doing it against the big teams POMO!

Well he did have what's regarded as probably one of if not the best club side ever.

Which also included the best player ever (according to many people).