Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: As mentioned previously, my boss goes 'trophy hunting'. Right now he's looking to down a brown bear

As mentioned previously, my boss goes 'trophy hunting'. Right now he's looking to down a brown bear

in Romania.

if that is the case, i really hope he contracts Monty cancer of the worst kind.

I hope it all goes Pete Tong and the hideous **** gets eviscerated by the bear. They do that when

they eat you, bears. They open you up and eat your offaly bits. ( they must be northerners ).

cool

assuming it's all regulated like.

Going elk hunting next autumn for the first time. Will be in Montana. Should be fun.

Well I hope it goes Pete Tong and you get trampled by the moose. They do that Chief, moose. They

stamp you to death with their big, sharp hooves and, remember, you only get one shot.

Big Sky country eh? Why not just go and enjoy the fabulous scenery rather than blasting local

wildlife into oblivion? And before you accuse me of hypocrisy I shoot vermin

Hopefully ending up at a Gothic Castle where Bela Lugosi will drink him dry

I don't think moose hunting is legal in the lower 48

Maybe in Alaska.

Elk population is such that the herds need to be culled. This is due to the elimination of natural predators, namely the wolf.

Wolves have been reintroduced in some parts of the Rockies, but as you can imagine the ranchers aren't too keen to have wolves roaming around.

You get a tag for either a cow or a bull depending on their population. Without hunting they roam everywhere in search of food, including into town where they can do some real damage, especially if you run into one with your car!

How old do you have to be before it is legal?

Why not both?

The scenery is incredible, I was there last autumn and met some great folks, hence my opportunity to go on a hunt this coming autumn.

The herds have to be culled annually to prevent all sorts of damage and disease. No natural predators since the wolf is not around any more.

Actually you do get your coyote killing an elk from time to time, but those are calves 95% of the time.

It's all regulated and quite necessary. Plus many hunters, including myself in this instance, donate the meat to food pantries and kitchens for the needy.