Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What the f*ck is a Jack Monroe and why won't it f*ck off and take its awful tattoos, leftovers and

What the f*ck is a Jack Monroe and why won't it f*ck off and take its awful tattoos, leftovers and

absurd, bourgeois pretence that anyone who is actually hard up reads Guardian articles about food with it?

My main problem is that she seems to have completely ignored the existence of red meat

I mean, it's not a meal if you dont have red meat.

It's at best a starter.

hehe Today's recipe is Some Mean-Spirited Niggardly Grey Boiled Mess

in a Smug Self-Righteous Hypocrisy Sauce.

Her recipes annoy me as it's all divided by portion. That rice isn't really 4p Jack, it's a quid.

Sick of her.

Some decent recipes though tbh.

1p per portion.*

*Assuming you have ten half-used tins of awful hippy ****e open in your cupboards.

She's an unmarried mother and proud lesbian.

There's some intersectionality, if you will.

Too dear for povs, apparently. But they supposedly don't mind shelling out on a £20 cookery book

If I were a downtrodden prole, I think I'd probably see it as the do-gooding middle classes telling me what to do and how I should live yet a-f*cking-gain and tell her to stick it up her bum.

Did we pay for her tattoos, c? Did we? furious

Can you spot the internal contradiction in her Wikipedia entry here? (Clue: the use of the word 'forced')

Quote:
    Monroe gained a profile in the British press for her recipes for ultra-affordable meals, which she created after she left her job at Essex County Fire and Rescue Service and was forced as a single mother to find cheap ways to feed herself and her son.

I think you might be tripping over her class ambiguity a bit there

I think I'd rather starve than swear off meat.

There's a reason Findas Crispy Pancakes still sell well.

Well her other half left, taking childcare with him

So, unless the three year old was remarkably self sufficient I would say she was pretty forced to look after him.