Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I popped into an Iceland yesterday to imagine how my life could have turned out if it had gone

I popped into an Iceland yesterday to imagine how my life could have turned out if it had gone

horribly wrong, and there are a number of items that are cheaper but no worse in quality to more prestigious supermarkets.

1) Condiments
    2) Confectionary
    3) Cereal
    4) Toilet paper

I think I will buy all of the above from there in future.

Thank you, I can now plan accordingly Thumb Up

Lidl gravlax is, also, surprisingly good.

How much additional time will this take, though? I do all of my shopping online with Ocado and it

saves me a lot of time.

You should stop penny pinching and just get on with it, imho.

What's the family Monty's supermarket of choice?

I imagine you have Waitrose aspirations and tastes but make do with Tesco

It's these sort of products that I can't stand wasting money on.

I used to not give a ****. but now I am far more sensible with this. I do not like pissing away money this stuff. Every pound saved is another dollar and a bit for my move next year.

Though some can take this too far. I was watching a show called Extreme cheapskates this family made their own toilet paper.

A big monthly Ocado order and weekly top ups at M&S (my dad works for them and gets me a 20%

staff discount)

M&S do some good deals on meat imo

They often have the 3 for £10 thing which is very good. Better quality and it works out cheaper than buying stuff in Sainsburys.

I find Sainsburys quality of food awful.

Clap Of course, all this will change with the advent of t'babeh

Jesus christ baby stuff is ruinously expensive

The bog paper is 4 for a quid. That's more than half the price of the fancy quilted stuff we

normally get from posher supermarkets and is entirely serviceable. No brainer, imo.