Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: good commentary on ozil

good commentary on ozil

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26267641

sadly the guy is lost in this team at the moment. He is contributing very little at the moment, looks short of the required fitness and looks demotivated and lacking confidence. Everything he does turns to ****e instead of gold.

If Wenger wants to build a team around him we need to have players that suit his strengths and that requires pacy, mobile attacking players both up front and midfield. The current squad has great footballers but they all work at a pedestrian pace. At our best we used to break at speed and we need to get that back otherwise a player like Ozil will be a waste of time. Last few weeks whenever he makes a run or looks to play a killer ball he looks up to see no support. He needs runners in order to be effective (as per Ox's run for the second goal vs liverpool).

I agree 100% Ozil lacks outlets and is left trying to find our lone striker too often

I dont like Santi playing on the left.

Seems harsh to leave him or Ozil out tho, but Ox on the left, Gnarby on the right might be worth a try.

If only we had players such as Walcott and Ramsey!

His Arsenal misery - what a load of ****e

He actually played well in the two games preceeding yesterday

including being heavily involved in our two goals against Liverpool (adding to his superb record of 'assists' overall this season).

Last night it was obvious the pelanty miss affected him and as a player still finding his feet in the english game that is not the most criminal thing in the world. He also set up the pelanty for himself.

Misery indeed.

Indeed - although why he does that stop start **** at pelanties I cannot fathom

I know you will say he has success with it but a simple run up and put the ball in the corner seems to work for the best pelanty takers

Plus, if you're going to do that, then at least watch the keeper

Neuer had already gone to his left before Ozil had kicked the ball

What's his pelanty record for his previous clubs?

I ain't being funny but with our first and second choice takers not on the pitch, I was perfectlt happy to see a creative player widely considered one of the world's best step up to take it. That he missed does not change that.

And I do not buy the opinion that he was too lacking in confidence to take it. He had come off the back of two good performances, had set up the pelanty himself with a lovely piece of skill, and quite obviously wanted to take it (I doubt he was forced)

Re: He actually played well in the two games preceeding yesterday

not sure he played well vs manure but then he wasn't alone and once again had no outlets. Also him being heavily involved in the first goal vs liverpool is overstating the case for him.

However fully agree that first season for a foreign player is always tough in the premiership especially the second half of the first season when it starts getting physically tougher. However we need to reshape our squad with more pace if we need to maximise his impact. He needs players to feed, he also looks a bit lost being out on the wing and should be given a more central role with pace available down the sides and through the middle.

Wasn't Ozil trying to put it down the middle?