Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pep's pepped pepsters...I'm glad I didn't even watch any* of that **** Clound Nine

Indeed. Still searching in vain for the immaculate challenge.

Conceeding the penalty was fair enough but the sending off and all of its implications is absurd.

Oh I do agree.Alas it's the law Shrug

Shrug I have. At first I didn't even think he'd given a penalty.

The ball was gone by the time there was contact (Robben having already made his touch) and there was no negative impact on Bayern's ability to score caused by the collision. I think it's almost impossible to argue otherwise.

I have not scrutinised the replays, but from the couple of times i have seen it, i would say

had Robben not gone down he would have comfortably reached the ball for a simple tap in.

I think if the 2 decisions were given to the opposite team

we'd all be saying this morning that the ref got both right.As I say,I have no complaints

Nod Although it was obvious he was in trouble.

I absolutely agree with you, C. When I saw our one I shouted 'REF!', when I saw the second one I

said 'oh ****, he's off'.

How then does the game deter players from making injudicious challenges in the 18 yard area,

thereby reducing the spectacle to an endless stream of penalties, rather than wonderful goals?

The punishment for such misdeeds must be as harsh as possible, I reckon. The rule must be, if you're beaten fair and square, just let the guy go and score his goal; he and his team have earned it.

Of course, but that's doesn't mean a great deal, does it?

Let's be frank: it's impossible to look at these things completely dispassionately, but it's just as possible to overcompensate with the dispassion as it is to be subject to the passion.

Equally, I'm not exactly one of life's rabid, one-eyed Arsenal fans and I reckoned it could have easily not even been given as a penalty. Other opinions are available.