Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wenger takes swipe at fans

Wenger takes swipe at fans

Arsenal coach Arsene Wenger has taken a swipe at fans who wrote him off prior to this season following 8 barren years without a trophy.

Wenger’s team began the season with a demoralising 1-3 home defeat to Aston Villa, reinforcing sentiment amongst fans of the north London club that it was time for the Frenchman to go.

But with Arsenal sitting top of the league, two points ahead of moneybags Manchester City and Chelsea, Wenger took the opportunity to remind fans to be careful what they wished for.

“You know, if you look at our team now, there are many players who the fans did not always back. Is it disappointing? I will never say that, because our fans love the club, but I feel many times my decisions were criticised and many times you see that I am not so crazy.

“I strongly believe it is our job to make our fans happy, but the important thing is that you do what you feel deep inside and not what you are told to feel.

“You see many other clubs in the same position as us who are trying to challenge but right now we the ones. This is not a coincidence. It is down to stability and, for me personally, not listening too much to outside opinions and doing what I believe is right.”

Well said that man!

That's what the tabloids, and only the tabloids, call a slam

He added: "But what also is strange are the fans who think I cannot do anything wrong.

It is like they are overgrown children defending their favourite comic book character in the playground. Frankly, I find zees people little bit weird and creepy.

Can't blame him for having a dig, but those same fans are waiting in the wings waiting

For things to go and return to moaning like bitches

You can't complain now that he has mentioned you as well

Are you suggesting that Tim Payton would do that?

I'm sure he's a fine fellow

You have been described as having "slavish devotion" yourself, interestingly.