Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I would like to share my morning commute with Awimb

I would like to share my morning commute with Awimb

I normally get the overground train from Wandsworth Town into Waterloo and then get the Waterloo & City line to Bank. Now because of those poor tube workers needing a couple of extra days holiday, I decided to go head on with the strike and take the District Line from East Putney to Cannon Street.

Hang on, I hear you say, so because there was a tube strike, you decided to get the tube instead of your normal overground train journey? Yes, that's right I did.

And what a treat it was as well. I'd read they were running District line trains from Wimbledon every 8 minutes. Well one came after I waited for about 20 minutes, packed but I crammed in along with others. As we made our way down the line, the driver nicely told us that quite a few stations were closed but she did not know which ones until we got to the platform. Then if it was closed she would just keep going and not stop. Putney Bridge open, Fulham Broadway closed. Earls Court open, Gloucester road closed. It was like russian roulette for anybody who wanted to get off. Particularly fun when 4 in a row were closed at one point. So as we got nearer to The City, I started to think of alternatives routes back from places Bow Road or Upminster. Then we got to Mansion House and it was open. So I jumped off there, walked to the office and got on with my work. Took me about 50 minutes door to door, normally it is 35. I have no complaints.

Mine was cancelled:

NR needs to MTFU imo.

I've been on a train in that part of the world when the waves hit the windows

It fair makes you jump

It did make me think a bit on Monday, before this happened. Oh well, wfh this week Smile

It's all a bit 'The Day After Tomorrow' Oh well

f**k off MM.

Boring c**t.

My Morning Commute.....

walked out of the back door to the car (about 10 yds) and drove for 30 minutes, got my usual parking spot in the car park and walked into the office, all in about 35 minutes as opposed to my usual 35 minutes.