Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Surely Africa have better players for 2nd position APoY than Obi Mikel, behind Toure and ahead of

Surely Africa have better players for 2nd position APoY than Obi Mikel, behind Toure and ahead of

Drogba

Is Mikel really the 2nd best player in Africa? I wouldn't have him in the top 20

So the player who was man of the match in the continent's biggest game

and one of the players of the tournament in the African Cup of Nations isn't in the top 20 players for that continent?

You keep out of this, if I want to go OTT I'll go OTT vsign

Well he plays a totally different role for Nigeria, and is much more effective

And Nigeria are pretty much the biggest nation in Africa, in a sporting sense as well as population. That might have a bit to do with it.

That said, who else would you have? African football's gone back a bit in the last 15 years.

I'd have trouble listing 20 African players. But I'll try without looking them up.

1) Drogba,
    2) Eboue,
    3) Mikel
    4) Essien
    5) Gervinho
    6) Kalou
    7) Adebayor
    8) Pienaar
    9) Yaya Toure
    10) Kolo Toure
    11) Eto'o
    12) Song

I can only think of 12.

13) Roger Milla

I cant believe you left out Mapou Yanga-M'Biwa

Also, you could just list all of the Diouffs, Traores and Cisses

I am never sure as they might be frenchies. thought of another one. Assou-Ekotto

I assume Frimpong has made a choice about what country he wants to play for?

What about Kanu - he must still be going somewhere

and Yakubu

Relax. It's not true. This is from the same man who tries to make people believe

Djourou has been voted best defender in the Bundesliga for the first half of this season.

Yakubu is currently at a Harvester in Ganzhou