Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What happens to the 21/22 year old graduates coming out of university and struggling to find work

What happens to the 21/22 year old graduates coming out of university and struggling to find work

with Cameron's idea of no benefits for under 25s? Especially with the plan to make anyone under 25 learn or work, so there'll be even more graduates competing for jobs.

They go to Australia.

That is the Irish model.

I always thought Mack was older than that Rub chin

Let's make all of the cabinet spend a year on benefits

I'd love to see just how much their attitude will change.

Do they seriously think this vigour with which they are f**king people is going to impress potential voters? People are hurting out there and they just seem intent on turning the screw more and more.

His individual case was perhaps different.

Wanted by An Garda Siochana as opposed to being part of the media labelled brain drain.

Perhaps also up to his oxsters in debt to Irish banks, a victim of the good times as he lay brand new decking over every inch of his Wexford home.

Would you take away their savings?

Yeah, and the exec directorships with the companies they're outsourcing everything to

Got an extra bedroom? f**k you. Child over sixteen living with you? f**k you. Have a sick relative you provide care for? f**k you. Training to get out of the hole you're in and have a better life? f**k you.

PS Is Ballylemon anywhere near you? I'm just wondering how often george pops over to the old ancestral home for a pint with the lads from the village.

I believe it is in Co Waterford.

So nowhere near me.

Must say I have never heard of it as an actual real place.

Me neither, I mean "Waterford"? It just sounds so made up

Maybe he spends more time with the peasants at his other Irish Baronetcy in Ballentaylor.

Irish Baronetcies, eh?

the Dutch model of unemployment benefit does rather encourage people to work imo

The UWV WERKbedrijf (administrative office for employed persons) system outlines that initial unemployment benefits are paid out at 75% of your last earned wage for the first two months and 70% thereafter depending on your circumstances.

However, you should be aware that the unemployment benefit is not a welfare benefit and subsequently there is a minimum term of 3 months and a maximum term of 38 months. During this time you are required to look for work and show proof of application.

To be eligible for the unemployment benefit you must meet the "26 out of 36 weeks" ruling criteria, which states that you must have been employed for a minimum of 26 out of 36 weeks before your first day of unemployment, and be under 65 years old and able to work.