Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is this business about Levy telling Madrid not to sell Ozil to us all about?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What is this business about Levy telling Madrid not to sell Ozil to us all about?

There may be a missing link here but unless Levy had an agreement with Real over the Bale sale, I cannot see where Levy has the right to do this, unless he was just doing it to be a c**t?

Sounds to me that he was just being a c**t!

".... appealed to the partnership between the two clubs agreed as part of the Luka Modric transfer...."

Still doesn't explain what genuine justification Levy would have had to try and do this?

I agree, 1) did not want us to sign players pre the derby and 2) did not want to us to buy such a

good player

florentino perez is really short, imo.

In the end his delaying tactics probably helped us out. Grabbing Ozil at the last minute

made it much harder for any rivals to gazump us.
    WD Levy imo

To do with the "special relationship" and the selling of Bale

Trouble is he'd already pissed them off by stringing out the Bale thing way longer than was necessary. Not the master negotiator's greatest moment I think it's fair to say.

The phone call story is hilarious, desperate and small time. Typical Tottenham in other words.

Levy mistranslated "special relationship" to mean "feeder club"

He reckoned that him and Perez were best buddies after selling him Bale and Modric.

In truth Perez found him to be a despicable creature so was happy to mug him off.

Levy supposedly asked if Ozil was available so they n work him into the Bale deal....Perez said no and did business with us instead....