Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We haven't pushed the boat out for a player like this since Bergkamp. Coupled with the fact our

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

We haven't pushed the boat out for a player like this since Bergkamp. Coupled with the fact our

stadium seems to have found its voice and our players looked like they cared on Sunday, I'm looking forward to the season more than I have for a long time.

It's left me somewhat confused, as I was understanding that our priority was a striker, not another

mf playmaker. (back from work, not trawling back)

Or are one of our current squad being baptised to take on a strikers role?

Makes sense; strikers are difficult, whereas midfielders grow on trees.

This one is of a rare quality though, so we've done very well.

Who will step aside? (agreed, he is special, along with Santi)

No-one. They will all get plenty of playing time.

The new lad may inevitably become first among equals though.

We might even see Bendy put a shift in.

meh Shrug

who cares where the goals come from. Bottom line is streaming forward on the counter any one of 5 are capable of slotting home and in a patient build up the same players can exploit a cunning pass.

Nod its not just the squad that have shed dead wood

there's a lot of new blood evident in the Clock End these days, its been growing as more and more old timers, disillusioned with the way the club has been run over recent years, clock out and turn in their membership. Made for a great day out on Sunday.

You could be right. I was in the new Clock End ( can't quite bring myself to call it the

CE yet ) and I was astonished at the noise levels and enthusiasm. I can only guess it's just as good in the new North bank.

Credit (finally) is due to the staff - they pulled off Ozil when ManU couldn't and that says

something.
    Bergkamp was signed just before I started following the Arsenal, so the closest I can get to this is Overmars' signing and that was tempered by concerns over his injury.