Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Waited a few hours to post this but ...

Waited a few hours to post this but ...

Officiating aside - it was abysmal, but the team selection was terrible today! ... I am not one to criticize Arsene Wenger, but not including Cazorla or Podolski in the starting XI is absurd ... Don't give me the international duty crap - the entire world had mid-week matches ... It made me raise an eyebrow pre-match because I knew Aston Villa were going to score at least a goal with the likes of Agbonlahor-Benteke-Weimann ... The Gunners needed to play attacking football ... We invited the pressure and got raped for it - at home no less! ... My advice is to play the guys you pay and that list is below - I don't give a flip about formations - just make it work! ... After the dream start on Giroud's goal it was frustrating to watch ... Then the injuries mounted (heck, Arsenal looks physically weak compared to other sides) and the "possession" game only looks good when you are winning ... Total disaster at the Emirates today.

2013-14 Arsenal $alaries
    http://www.tsmplug.com/football/arsenal-players-salary-list- 2014/

STARTERS
    107 Podolski
    90 Walcott
    80 Rosicky
    70 Cazorla
    60 Giroud
    60 Mertesacker
    60 Sagna
    60 Wilshere
    50 Gibbs
    50 Koscielny
    50 Szczesny

BENCH
    50 Fabianski
    50 Ramsey
    40 Oxlade-Chamberlain
    20 Frimpong
    20 Jenkinson
    n/a Sanogo

INJURED
    70 Arteta
    70 Vermaelen
    50 Monreal
    15 Miyachi

Do you have any idea what you're talking about?

Cazorla didn't start due to having to travel to South America & back midweek. Shrug

How does he know exactly what all of our players earn, sm? I didn't know such information was

available in the public domain.

shirley it doesnt make much difference if they were to go first class.

Rich, I figured you were stuck on a boat in some bay today.

Those salary figures are weekly amounts published at the website I included ... Whether they are correct or not, who knows.

That is not an excuse! Totally different team without him included.

If a player is injured then he sits. If he is on the bench then he is good to go. Amazing that he started the 2nd half in place of OX after Gibbs was already replaced by Jenkinson through injury. Really limits your options when you don't play the best as much as you can. To heck with "saving" players.

I am actually at home, but sadly no boating today. The weather was horrendous. Taking the wakeboard

out tomorrow and having a BBQ while we're out on the water, though

Of course it's an excuse you mug, he's hardly had a pre season...

on top of that he travelled to there & back to Ecuador & played 70 odd minutes.

I've looked at the site, it's full of bull****. We only gave Santi a 2 year contract apparently.