Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Sun (newspaper) and its struggle with the truth..

The Sun (newspaper) and its struggle with the truth..

once again the 'current bun' has been full of fake stories about transfers and other football stories ... and despite having a track for outright lying ... amazingly some people still believe the rubbish that is posted in Rupert's dodgy rag.

Any stories in particular?

I'm spoilt for choice Smile

The Liverpool for sale one must be high on the list though as the owners say there is not a word of truth in it !

The Ivan 40m and a pound offer for the cannibal invoking a clause in his contract that gives him,blah ..blah.. is another ... that was all lies as well.

The £40,000,001 bid was true.

It did not invoke any clause though as the Sun claimed.

Well it must have invoked something, given we bid £1 over £40m. I don't think

we did that for ****s and giggles.

I don't think anyone knows what it invokes, even Liverpool and Suarez's agent seem to have a different opinion on that.

It didn't invoke a supposed clause that allowed Suarez to speak with us,as the Sun claimed .

The fact that we made a 30m bid earlier was hardly a state secret and the 40m and quid bid was out on tweeter within minutes of it having been made. So no clause needed anyway to inform Suarez of it.
    It's impossible to keep things like this secret from players these days.
    This Suarez bid is deja vu Higuain all over again - with Wenger and Ivan hoping to get the player to force a move - at their price.

They ran a story saying Wenger bid for players just to look like he was doing something

And that him and Ivan were out of their depth.

Not too sure what sort of idiot would believe that though.

Hardly. I'm beginning to wonder if we were ever actually in for Higuain. It's a bit of

a jump to go from bidding £24m for him and then switching to Suarez and bidding £40m.

Are we saying Suarez was a backup option, and a more expensive one at that?

Quite a lot of journalists on twitter have rolled out that one. Bidding for Suarez

to make it look like they're doing something knowing they'll never get him. I just want us to bid £50m and sign the c**t to shut up these ****ers.

No doubt if we do you'll have a c**t like Merson on soccer saturday saying we could've bought 2 world class players for that amount.