Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's about time the whole hippy thing was seen for the pernicious, self-serving, backwards and

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

It's about time the whole hippy thing was seen for the pernicious, self-serving, backwards and

reactionary nonsense that it was.

It was about men getting away with not working, taking responsibility, washing, shaving, getting their hair cut or dressing properly - all while espousing the virtues if free love (which, oddly, tended only to work one way) and taking as many drugs as they liked. It was, in short, predominantly male self-indulgence dressed up in a vague, pseudo-intellectual, politico-spiritual 'movement'.

It was, in other words, *******s.

As opposed to washing, having short hair, taking responsibility and monogamy, which are all so fun?

At least have the good grace to admit you're as jealous of it as the next man, b.

I quite enjoy washing J. I took 3 showers yesterday.

You also voluntarily subject yourself to Queen based musicals

It's no wonder you need multiple showers in a day, quite frankly

I'm honestly not. I have a very low bull**** tolerance and hippydom was bull**** from start to end.

You've dabbled, I know for a fact you have

Quite simply, in comparison to the alternatives, the whole hippy thing was massive fun. Denying yourself such simple and ample pleasures is simply not in you, whatever you might want to convey here.

Being dirty is fun?

What a strange idea.

Choice is fun isnt it?

Try telling that to Sophie

Or hobson?