Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Look at us all, getting all excited about our biggest game of the season hehe

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Look at us all, getting all excited about our biggest game of the season hehe

Which is against Wigan as we face desperate fight to haul ourselves up into 4th position

Yeah, how embarrassing. It's not like every club in the country other than three

would swap positions with us.

I didn't say it was embarrasing, M. I am merely wondering how it came to this.

It will be a walkover. 3-0 to The Arsenal.

i think we score five or six tonight

wigan will be very open at back as they have to win

Re: Yeah, how embarrassing. It's not like every club in the country other than three

every other club would love to have our financial and material resources.

The reality is that we are underachieving compared to our resources. We don't any top quality players yet our wage bill is amongst the highest. A club of our wealth and size should not be settling for hanging onto 3rd/4th place year after year and thinking that having a couple of cup runs to quarter finals is enough. We should be winning things regularly.

A club of our wealth and size? Like Villa, you mean? Or Everton? Or Liverpool?

Or Spurs?

Very little point looking forward to games that have already been played Shrug

LA, I have found away we can get Compton out of The Ashes squad. Listen in >>>

Bairstow has a storming series against New Zealand, scoring an eighty and two tons against the Kiwis in three innings.

Root does well too, scoring a ton and some other starts.

Compton has a mediocre series, averaging 34 against a middling (and that's generous) attack.

Then we need to get KP back in. Root won't be dropped after his performance against them for the Lions which means that if Bairstow had excelled, they'd have to open up with Cook and Root, have KP at 4 and Bairstow at 6. Shirley?

Bairstow will be dropped

Compton will open in the Ashes. No point thinking anything else will happen imo.

What a great incentive for a young, highly talented player to perform to the best of his abilities.

If he finishes the series as top run scorer (he won't) I can't see them dropping him. It'd be pretty tough to justify.