Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I watched Leicester v Watford last night. It was quite enjoyable.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I watched Leicester v Watford last night. It was quite enjoyable.

But watching football at that level really does remind you just how good remarkably good premiership players are. Particularly midfielders. There is a simply enormous difference in quality. Skill AND technique.

But do skill or technique actually make it a better spectacle?

After all, lots of people prefer Jack Higgins to James Joyce, despite the enormous gap in skill and technique between them. Are they wrong? Are they?

A spectacle can be neither 'better', nor 'worse'. It may more more or less enjoyable

for an individual, but this purely subjective response may vary between viewers.

Leicester appear to be sponsored by the Bangkok airport duty free shop. This puzzles me.

I was quite surprised to see Leicester shirts in Bangkok airport

last time I was there. Think it was still a novelty then

Yes, I've wondered about that.

These Thais are crazy.

What makes the Championship such a great spectacle is the fact that every team can beat

any other team, its not about money. The games are enjoyable and noone goes into a game thinking "well we wont win there" like the premiership. Its a harder league and the refs may not be brilliant but they dont pull a card out because some c*nt falls over untouched.

I see. So you favour mediocrity over excellence?

Good luck to you, old chap. Enjoy.

I favour enjoyment and a more equal league. Somthing the premiership will never be.

If I was that sneery to you about literature you'd get all humpy imo