Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Talking of interesting football tactics, this is what a manager told us in a team talk when I was at

Talking of interesting football tactics, this is what a manager told us in a team talk when I was at

Charlton's school of excellence. Around the age of 13/14, so around '93 / '94. Half time and I think we were losing 2-0. So the manager asks the players -

"Where is all the space on a football pitch?"

"Out wide" "on the wings" came the replies...

"No" our manager/coach told us "it is up in the sky. Get the ball up in the air"

Even at that stage, there was a strange sense of shock amongst my teammates (who included Scott Parker and Jon Fortune).

This was a school of exellence ? No wonder Charlton are always struggling.

Tony Pulis would nod in approval

my sons under 11 just told them to hoof it up to the 5'11" muscle bound

11 year old freak who then bashed his way thru and could score from outside the box....the freak moved to rugby at 12..after that team were fecked! it must have been like that gareth bales school when wales rugby captain warburton played for them imo

when he says he was at charltons school of excellnce..i think he may mean recently...

Joey, do you like movies about gladiators?

My kid's league commands them to play it on the ground. Wenger would be proud.

I am trying to teach them overlapping runs by the wide defenders but frankly its a bit beyond them at the moment.