Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What exactly did Maggie Thatcher do to deserve such a grand funeral?

What exactly did Maggie Thatcher do to deserve such a grand funeral?

f**ked over a load of northern tossers. Maggie Bow

Snatched a bloody victory from the jaws of a negotiated settlement.

Destroying the unions was enough without all the other stuff

Saved the economy from the state Labour had got it into (sound familiar), smashed the big-mouthed

unions, led the UK to victory against Argentina to retain the Falklands, allowed more than 1million families to buy their council houses, nearly doubled personal wealth across the UK, saw the number of adults in the UK owning shares treble.

Need I continue?

nope , thats sums it up nicely

also all this diversive *******s is left wing lies

won 3 f**king elections , and the country (apart from miners and left wing extrmists) were right behind her when she crushed Scargil

Hmm, that's not strictly true. My dad was a lifelong Tory after voting for 'em in 79, he never voted

for them again, he couldn't stand her or her politics. He wasn't the only one who did, either in my family or across large chunks of the U.K.

Yes, please do.

You just know that Asian fella in the middle is a massive briefcase ****er.

She also ushered in permanent welfarism via incapacity benefit, mass comprehensive education

by closing down more grammar schools than any other education minister, replaced manufacturing industry with reliance on people selling each other money that doesn't exist and unrestrained credit dependency (what could possibly go wrong there?) and helped politicise environmentalism.

Just a few things we don't often hear about.