Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So this benefit cap malarkey

So this benefit cap malarkey

A 90 billion pa benefits budget and the cap will save the Govt a whopping £110 million.

That's about 10 Thatcher funerals..

I feel completely under whelmed....

Apparently we should all be up in arms that some people will have their

housing benefit slashed to a miserly £25kpa or if you like the equivelant of about £40k before tax. This is does not include other benefits that can also be claimed. Shocking that the government can be so cruel imo.
    Cameron the house snatcher!

2 Fernando Torreses? I can't believe that's all it will save

When put like that it shows how obscene our sport of choice is

I remember when people spoke endlessly about how incredible it was

That a club would pay 30k a week. Now Man City pay Toure about 230k a week, Tevez probably similar, almost every player Chelsea buy starts at about 20m. People don't even comment any more when they buy Lukaku for 17m and just loan him out to WBA

Chucklesome, when you consider that the top rate was lowered by Osbourne

as it didn't raise enough money to be worth it.

Of course, the reason that some people receive high housing benefits is because they are in private accommodation rather than council housing - wonder why that is :thatcher:

Nonetheless, it completely justifies the damage because it 'sends out the right message'

Sending out the right message, beating doing the right thing hands down every time

I'n not sure who's to blame and I'm not against them attempting to force the hands of some, who have

become complacent.
    I'm just not convinced it's a significant number

The right message being that poor people are the cause of the financial crisis.