Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone who thinks I'm not a nice person, think again:

Anyone who thinks I'm not a nice person, think again:

The ethical way to get rid of a **** cleaner:

Dear Maria,

I’m very sorry but we are trying to save money in order to buy a house. We have looked carefully at ways to save money and I’m afraid this means we won’t be needing you as our cleaner any more.

I realise this must come as a surprise and I want to be as fair as possible to give you a chance to find new customers. I’m hoping you’ll agree to one month’s notice, meaning your last day cleaning for us would be Thursday 4th April.

I’m really very sorry Maria but we need to save money, which is why we’re having to let you go. We are both very grateful for all the work you’ve done for us and would be delighted to give you a reference in future.

I will give you a call this evening so I have the chance to explain in person but, in the meantime, thank you for your understanding.

Monty91

How do you know she is going to be understanding?

I'm hoping my decisive tone obligates her to be so.

You are giving her a months worth of time to steal your most treasured possessions?

And take copies of your keys etc...

If she doesn't take everything, expect to be burgled within 2 weeks of her leaving.

She cleans for my dad too, so if she ****s us over she loses another customer

And anyway, I'm happy take that small risk if it gives he a bit of breathing space to find a new customer.

What if you now get broken into 10 days after she leaves?

It may have nothing to do with her, but in your mind you will now have her as number 1 suspect.

As I say, I'm comfortable taking that small risk if it helps her out

But you said you would get your old man to fire her as well.

This 'break in' 10 days after she leaves may be purely coincidental. But you are going to have her as number 1 suspect and cost her another client.

Isn't it best to just cut these things clean? From my experience, good cleaners have a waiting list of clients.

His only treasured possession is the cat

expect the poor sod to be poisoned, sometime soon.

If we got burgled she wouldn't be my number one suspect

unless the evidence suggested the burglar had let themselves in.

And she's not a good cleaner. She's a **** cleaner. That's why we're firing her. I still feel bad, though.