Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How much would it actually cost to rebuild the team? If the Board chucked 100M at Wenger, would he

How much would it actually cost to rebuild the team? If the Board chucked 100M at Wenger, would he

actually spend it on bringing in very expensive players.

It's not really his style is it?

So how do we fix it, folks?

With that kind of money one biggish buy and 4 good players. We need physical strength

and leadership.

******** Vermaelen out imo

If the Board chucked 100M at Wenger,

for board read: Stan Kroneke,there is no board at AFC.lol.

I seriously think the board are holding very tight purse strings and won't give Wenger that kind of

money. In fact I doubt that we have had a year on year net spend, over the last 6 or 7 years. Without looking at the figures, I reckon every penny spent in the transfer market has been recuperated by player sales.

Not sure I fully understand the whole physical presence thing, where's Utd's big physical presence?

Sir Alex Ferguson.

I get what you're saying though, but every team is different.

Bang on, his bullying ways and a ton of cash...

True. I just don't think we need a big presence as such, more a tireless one. :flamini:

The traditional defensive midfielder seems pretty out of fashion nowadays, with the passing-blocker preferred.

Naturally of course, we have neither.

I thought we were more outmuscled last night rather than BM just being a superior technical side.

United players don't dwell on the ball as long as our ones ,the United game plan is more direct and a bit quicker.
    Rooney puts himself about all over the pitch - we don't have anyone doing that, it's all pass pass pass... usually ending up in us losing possession .